Pump housing with air in it

Jul 15, 2012
Illinios
I just installed a brand new Hayward 244t sand filter with 300lbs of sand. I have Jandy HP plus 1-1/2hp pump. With my old Jandy sand filter I would have to bleed the air out all of the time. Every time I would vacuum the pool, the pump would lose prime as soon as I closed the valves(with the pump off) to draw from just the one skimmer . I have a main drain and 2 skimmers. It would take 5 minutes to bleed the air out and get the air bubbles out.

My question is . . . . since there is no air relief valve on the 244t, how do you get rid of the air?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have yet to run the system since I'm afraid to start it up without knowing how to bleed the air out.

That's normal. If you have a suction valve you can close it and then fill the basket up with water and close the basket lid and THEN open the valve and start the pump. If you don't have a valve you can just run some water in the basket and close the lid.

We may can provide you more suggestions if you can post a pic of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.