wyntyrose

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Phenix City, AL
I tested and retested multiple times but I never get even a hint of cloudiness when doing the CYA test. My other levels I think are fine.
FC 4
tc 4
cya ? never got cloudy, edited for the correct word!
TA 40
PH 7.8
so lost on all these test chemicals. Any input would be great!

I have the tf 100. We have only owned the pool for under two weeks. previous owner had new liner and SWG installed in may. We have not added anything as of yet. But this morning was the first time that I was able to sit down and really use the test kit. So if it is 0 what do I need to add/do?

wyntyrose said:
I have the tf 100. We have only owned the pool for under two weeks. previous owner had new liner and SWG installed in may. We have not added anything as of yet. But this morning was the first time that I was able to sit down and really use the test kit. So if it is 0 what do I need to add/do?

First thing to do is read the Pool School. Then after you are done re-read it. Most if not all of your questions will be answered there. Come back with any questions that you have after reading. :cheers:

I'd start by raising your CYA level to 40 and let it sit for a week. Then retest. With a SWG you want your levels around 60.....but do it in baby steps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.