Quick paver question

Jul 15, 2012
I'm getting ready to install my Intex 18', but with all I'm reading, I don't even think I should bother putting it up this year by the time it arrives. It's scheduled to be delivered by 7/25, and being in NY, I'm not sure if I should rush it this year.

Anyway, all this reading about leveling and possibly using a sod cutter, leaves me with a question regarding the pavers. If I use a sod cutter to level the ground and clear the grass, do I still need to put pavers under the legs? If so, should the pavers be sunk into the ground so that they are level with the rest of the ground surface? Seems odd to me to level the ground, and then put the legs on pavers that might be 2" above the ground.

Bare with me as I'm a total n00b. I'm trying to do this right so I don't end up with a busted pool.

If you are going to put up the pool for 4-6 weeks of use, I would use pieces of wood instead of the pavers. The pavers are nice but are not needed. A small thin piece of wood will stop the leg from sinking. You will spend almost as much time messing with the pavers as you will leveling and setting up the pool, and then you will probably change it all next year. When you fill it with water you will see if it is unlevel and fix it next season.

If you use thin pieces of wood you don't have to worry about placement. Just set up the pool and then put the wood under the legs. I used 7"-7" 1/4" plywood. I don't have the plywood under the pool liner. The leg sits almost on the edge of the plywood. There is not that much force on the poles. The foot of the pole is made of plastic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.