Removeing cover

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
It is always hard to get a few people here at the same time to help remove the cover from my 27' round AG, therefore it is usually my wife and I doing it, anyone have any secrets to do this task easy with only 2 people?

Here is what I do. First I sweep up as much debris off the cover as I can. Then setup a cover pump near one end. Free up one end of the cover, removing water bags or tie downs as needed. Walt the two corners along to the opposite side, folding the cover in half. Depending on the size of the pool repeat this process to fold it into quarters. The cover pump will now be buried under the cover, watch it till it pumps all the water out and unplug, leaving it there. Leaving the water bags/tie downs secured to one edge (if using water bags you might want to double them up and make sure they are secure) grab the two short edges and haul the whole cover out of the pool. If the cover pump works and gets all the water out this usually works very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.