trying to help a friend

May 16, 2012
NE OK
I have been following the BBB method for my pool this year and it has been working great! My friend has a Summer Escape 15x42 pool (one of those blue ones with the inflated rim). Holds approximately 3200 gallons of water. The water is not clear and she needs some advice. I will be getting a water sample from her later this evening so I can tell her what to do. To my knowledge she has been adding bleach and putting chlorine tablets in the skimmer. I was wondering on a pool that size do I need to tell her to add CYA? Can the BBB method work for those pools? I am sure it needs a good shocking but just wasn't sure about the CYA and if all works the same with these pools?

I would treat her pool like it were your pool... except , if the CYA is high, I would simply do a dump and fill unless the fill water is not acceptable.

I am going to guess the CYA is through the roof if she has been using pucks and bags.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.