Salt calibration

adeller

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 2, 2011
I have an Autopilot Digital Nano. It is saying the salt concentration is 2700 ppm (with no correction applied). I know I need to add salt, the question is how much. The salt strips I purchased from the same place I get my test chemicals (and advertised on this site), Aquarite I think is the brand, says 2250 ppm. So, which do I believe? How accurate are the salt sensors in the SWGs?

In most cases the salt sensor in the SWG is more accurate than the test strips, especially if the SWG is fairly new. If the SWG is more than a few years old, it isn't as obvious which to trust, though the SWG is still more likely to be right, just by a slimmer margin.

Poolsean,

It does. It has taken me a little testing to figure out what volume to put in there (the volume the PB gave me was apparently way off), but the lbs to add does show. I am happy with the Nano so far, I was just curious how tight the calibration on the salt reading was compared to the salt test strips. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.