The aftermath

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
My wife's cousin and her family have been in SoCal visiting Disneyland, Universal Studios, Seaworld, and who knows what else. Yesterday they came over to the house for a barbeque and swim party. So did all the in-laws. 6 kids, 10 adults. The cousin's husband didn't say a whole lot, but he did comment that "your pool looks really nice." None of the kids had red eyes, despite 5 hours in the water.

Let's survey the damage:
  • Living room full of empties and debris
    Dining room table covered with debris
    Family Room full of debris, floor covered with crushed tortilla chips
    Kitchen counters still covered with dishes, stacks of paper plates, sink full of dirties, dishwasher full of just washed dishes
    Patio looks like everything else, plus a drying rack full of towels. 2 squirtguns broken, one boat missing, probably in a planter somewhere. Goggles, pool noodles, beach ball, etc scattered all over
    Pool water is still crystal clear - no problem at all seeing the tiny pieces of broken squirt guns in the bottom of the deep end. No chlorine smell.

I have the pump running now to mix things up before I test. I expect to find everything in range, and only to need the bleach to get me through today.

The mess is no fun to clean up, but it was great having a bunch of people in the pool. I spend too much time brushing and vacuuming and testing it to not have it get used.

If only all problems in the home could be corrected with some gallons of bleach and the 'shocking process'. Glad you had a terrific party! At least you know where to relax when you get through the clean up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.