new build up and running need advice (pics)

Jul 15, 2012
Hello folks, I am a new pool owner for the first time. we have a 26ft Intex ultra frame. My problem is adding a Aqua-trol SWCG to the Intex plumbing.I bought the Aqua-trol RJ system. This set up is made to connect to the return jet strainer via the elbow in this pic [attachment=2:2f3tly61]082.jpg[/attachment:2f3tly61] . This creates 2 problems for me. One the elbow thread is much smaller then the threading on the return jet. need advice on fabricating a custom connection. 2# Ill lose my shut off valve . So ill need to add a ball valve which i would prefer to be between the pool and the aqua-trol but i guess not 100% necessary . I am experienced with all type's of plumbing but not so much with pool plumbing I would prefer to just hard plum from filter to the return jet strainer but it looks like i need to fabricate some sort of fitting because of the way the white flex hose connects. Any help is most appreciated . here are some more pics.

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 108
I don't know much about Intex valve but I do know many owners make a new return hole in the liner and add a standard Hayward return fitting and then you can use the SWG fitting with the new Hayward. Others cutout the Intex return while others simply add the Hayward as a second return.

I forgot to say that ive used this site from the start of setting up my pool and has been a major help.Awsome site i will be here for a long time :). Thanks to every one who contributes there info! I also thought i would post a pic of the aqua-trol cell. And when im complete...Ill post lots of pics with hopfuly some useful info.

Attachments

• 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 91
techguy said:
I don't know much about Intex valve but I do know many owners make a new return hole in the liner and add a standard Hayward return fitting and then you can use the SWG fitting with the new Hayward. Others cutout the Intex return while others simply add the Hayward as a second return.

thx techguy. That at least gets the aqua-trol connected to the pool and i could use it. Now i just need to get a ball valve in there. With that Hayward return fitting I think standard sch 40 pvc fitting will work allowing me to plum in the ball valve and just connecting the white flex hose to the hose adapter fitting on the front end of the Aqua-Trol with hose clamps.

Update: I went out and measured the size on my return jet where my shut off valve connects turns out it is standard 2 " MPT . For some reason i thought they was not standard pipe size thread. So i just returned from the hardware store with all the fittings needed to hook up my Aqua-Trol SWCG.I will post pics and parts list when i plum it . Im planning 0n running my feed and return lines under ground with sch 40 pvc . Only problem i see is getting the water out of the buried lines for the winter season. I think i should be able to this via compressed air.This may be a next spring project just depends on the amount of free time i can get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.