Progress on the pool....

sredish

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
North of Dallas
Awhile back, I posted some photos of the pool after the pool and decking was done but before the cabana. We have the cabana about 3/4 done. cabinets are in, everythings painted and we're waiting on the tile for the countertops/back of the island and for the electrician to finish wiring up the lights and fan and install the appliances. We're going to have a double-oven (leftover from a customer), 40 gal u/c icemaker, micro, dishwasher and the fridge thats in there.

I couldn't wait any longer and wired the circuits for the stereo and tv tonight and got it up and going. I'll have to rework the stereo components when I get the right shelf pins but it was going tonight, kickin good. Stereo consists of 2 Boston Acoustic Voyager 7s in the upper corners inside the cabana with a 10" Audiosource powered sub hidden away in the cabinets. Across the pool, using zone 2, is 2 Boston Acoustic SoundWare cubes (2-way 6.5) along with an 8" Klipsch passive subwoofer (if you look hard you can see the 3 spkrs in the second pic low on the fence).

All I got going tonight was the Voyagers and sub in the cabana, not the ones across the pool but the Voyagers sound absolutely incredible alone and with the sub, wow is all I can say. I was kickin Sublime and the crisp guitar work, the bass line, all of it was clean, clear and impressive; can't wait to get the other side up and going. The TV is a 40" Samsumg LCD and I'm using Onkyo stereo components. The cd/dvd is an HDMI 1080 dvd changer and displays the cd track info on the tv nicely. It's just really turning out great and I don't want to come inside already, and I'm still not done.......

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,201
I love it...looks sooooo great!!!

Josh---to funny about the mixer, that's my mother's day request :) hee hee

chris

thanks. we were actually looking at one of those machines.... smaller one might do alright for us... but you never know, it was designed to entertain and spread out.

the countertop draft beer deal got replaced by a 40 gallon / day ice machine, figured that'd be better used since half or 3/4 the people will bring their own and I change flavors so much that I'd get sick of a keg, or gain 200 lbs... one or the other.

we do a lot more margaritas, pina coladas and frozen mojitos than we'd do draft beer, especially with a big ice cold fridge.

hopefully we'll get a lot closer to finished up this week. I'm so ready for it to be done.

some daytime photos....

still have a little left to do obviously; tile, cabinet shelves for the a/v stuff and rest of the appliances.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,096
just curious. how are you running your rear speaker wires and what gauge. i tried 16 gauge and it was too small, over loaded my amp. called the installer and they said we need to go bigger, but you will need to go wireless for around the back of the pool. i said why, and they said we can not run speaker wire after the concrete has been layed.

so did you wire or wireless, and if you went wireless what did you use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.