Man! Did I get the looks today at Aldi's !!!

Rangerman

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I made my stock up run to Aldi today as tomorrow is the official rite of spring opening or should I say uncovering of the pool for the season. I bought 40 jugs of bleach (at 99 cents I might add) and they barely fit in the cart. You talk about strange looks from some folks! One elderly man said, "Son, how long's it been since you washed?" I told him it was for my pool and he just stared at me and let out sort of a confused giggle. Then muttered something else I didn't understand and sauntered on his way. I just smiled and thought about crystal clear water!
Ahhh ... BBB has many rewards!!

Re: Aldi

mikemedic said:
I buy my bleach there in Morgantown, WV
always 99 cents
I just tell people I'm making bombs, I get some looks when I go in there after work with shirt and tie!

LOL! So you're not the one that cleaned Walmart out. The new one in Motown is totally out of bleach. BBB must be catching on here :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tell them that its the only thing .....

that gets the blood out.....but I said the hard part is waiting for the little pieces to dry.....I explain that the bleach does absolutely nothing about the pieces and the I smile and wink.....

There you go, Sean, next June's news letter question.

You are checking out of a store with 30 gallons of bleach in 2 carts. The young check-out girl, with hickeys all around her neck and a tatoo of a serpent on her right arm, looks at you and asks "What you guna-do with all that bleach?"

And you say ".............................................................................................................."

sefrlw said:
Too funny. I have used every one of those in the 2 months I have been buying bleach. Blood, Bombs, Meth lab, Alternative fuel, Poison my neighbor estranged wife..... The looks are priceless.

Just as long as they know that you are joking around. Otherwise, you may end up having to visit with the local constabulary. :shock:

Just as long as they know that you are joking around. Otherwise, you may end up having to visit with the local constabulary.
That could be, but a visit is just a visit, unless you are REALLY cooking meth, or making bombs, or whatever.
I don't think that messing with nosy citizens by fabricating answers to meaningless questions is against the law in most jurisdictions (but I am NOT a lawyer), and heck, even the cops might get a laugh out of the story as well.

Attachments

• IMG03421-20130621-1157.jpg
    IMG03421-20130621-1157.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG03422-20130621-1157.jpg
    IMG03422-20130621-1157.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 9
Re: Aldi

buddywiser said:
mikemedic said:
I buy my bleach there in Morgantown, WV
always 99 cents
I just tell people I'm making bombs, I get some looks when I go in there after work with shirt and tie!

LOL! So you're not the one that cleaned Walmart out. The new one in Motown is totally out of bleach. BBB must be catching on here :lol:

Just had the best laugh the year. I am in the process of a Baquacil to BBB conversion. I am almost finished (yeah)!! Over 100 bottles so far. I was in Morgantown WV twice this week and cleaned out the new Walmart I was in Uniontown PA Saturday and cleaned them out too. I guess I am guilty. Didn't know there were so many other TFP members nearby. Next time I am shopping and notice somebody with a buggy full of bleach, I will say hello.

I wish I would have had all these excuses earlier. I could have used them many times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.