Radiant Pools

unh044

Jul 8, 2012
Hi... I'm a newbie to the forum, but finding it a great source for all sorts of information, inspiration, and ideas (or, as my wife labels it "spending hours sitting on your butt in front of the computer").

Anyway, we're looking at getting a pool, probably next spring. We both grew up with inground pools, so we initially wanted to go that route... until we started getting prices.

So... we're now pretty well committed to above ground. However, here's where the problem comes in. If we want to put it on a flat spot, it has to be way across the yard near the woods (about 75 feet from the deck probably). The wife isn't happy with that plan. She wants to have it up near the house, with the pool deck tied into the current deck that's back there. But the yard slopes pretty well downward from the area by the house.

Which brings me to the point... how to put a above ground pool on a slope. I've looked at the Doughboy pools, and seen info both ways about whether or not I can bury or partially bury them. We went to a dealer who sells them, and he wanted nothing to do with burying any part of the pool. Still, I might go that route anyway.

Recently I found the Radiant Pools (apparently formerly Trojan Pools) website, and am very intrigued with their pools, particularly the Metric Round. I've searched on here but can't find too many people who have them, or have experience with them, so I thought I'd toss a post up here and see what thoughts people have. Anyone have one? Anyone an installer for them? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :)

That's interesting, Doughboy, to me, is known for burying pools. You can easily bury most above ground pools to about 12-18 inches from the top of the rail. I have seen several nice looking pools with one side closer to the 12-18 inches and the other side almost all wall showing.

Look at this thread LINK

DB was down last night. This is from the DB manufacturers site...in-ground pools and it looks to me that are AGP pools "in-ground" and not steel walled in-ground.

http://www.doughboy-pools.com/Products/ ... round.aspx

This is a flat yard but the idea that DB will not warrant a buried pool.. really, this is the manufacturers website and they have a whole section of the website dedicated to putting their pools in the ground.

inground-15.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.