Refill water with high manganese, something I learned.

HuskerFan_1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Nebraska
A little history, my pool has a leak thought I found it but only slowed it a little, another topic. Still looking. So I have been adding quite a little water to top the pool off. Anyone with water high in iron or manganese probably knows when they refill the water turns brown for a while after refilling, that's what mine does anyway. It takes about a day to clear up and back to normal.

Here is what I have tried and so far it has worked for the last three or four times I've refilled the pool. I stick the hose in the skimmer and let it refill. Pool has not turned nasty brown after multiple refills like it did when just sticking the hose into the pool. I'm guessing the refill water is being sucked into the return line and the filter is cleaning up the refill water before returning it to the pool.

Can it happen that quick in the return line? Previously when I stuck the hose in the pool it was pretty quick to turn brown in the pool. Then it took a long time to turn the water over and filter it out.

Anyway it seems to work for me, just curious if any else has done this with good results?

So in this situation a metal chelation product is not necessary? I know I have asked about metal control products before, but I'm still learning with ways to cope with my water.

Hopefully someone will find this trick as useful as I have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.