Please review my test results....thanks...

You add the amount of chlorine based on your test results. The amount, in ounces, is also dependent on the concentration. In example, if you need 10 oz. of 6%, you could use 6oz of 10% or 5 oz of 12%. They are all essentially the same chlorine chemical with more or less water.

The pool calculator.com is the easiest way to figure it out.

On average, I personally lose about 2 ppm per day in my 22000 gal pool, which for me equates to about a 96 oz bottlle of 6% bleach. Sometimes I'll lose up to 3 ppm.

Your volume is unique to your pool, and the percentage lost daily depends on site factors such as hours in direct sun, temperature and bather load. So there's no hard and fast rule, but I give you the info because I suspect you're trying to estimate what to expect. Your usage amount sounds fine -- but it is the tfkit that will tell you, not us ;)

I lose anywhere from 3 to 4ppm depending on how much swimming, the clouds, the sun, rain or how hot it got during the day.
I add anywhere from 60 to 68 oz of 10.5 % liquid chlorine. I found that I have to put in only 10% in the pool calculator for it to work with the additions. :cheers:

Chuck

Sounds like my chlorine usage is on par with the rest of yours. My pool gets a good amount of morning and afternoon sun, and it is about 85 degrees or so.

I just wanted to make sure that I was within a normal range for chlorine usage.

So, in order to maintain a trouble free pool, you need to tend to it on a daily basis, for the most part? How do I go about taking care of the pool if I'm away from home for a few days, or for a week or so?

GuinnessPhish said:
Sounds like my chlorine usage is on par with the rest of yours. My pool gets a good amount of morning and afternoon sun, and it is about 85 degrees or so.

I just wanted to make sure that I was within a normal range for chlorine usage.

So, in order to maintain a trouble free pool, you need to tend to it on a daily basis, for the most part? How do I go about taking care of the pool if I'm away from home for a few days, or for a week or so?
A few days is a piece of cake. It would be best to have a friend come over and dose and check on the pool esp if you will be running the pump.

Some of us raise it to shock level the night before we leave, run pump for at least an hour, then shut it off.

You can google 'vacation' bottom (left on page) and get lots of ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.