Prayers needed

As one of the long-time moderators at PoolForum, I'd like to confirm that my fellow mod and friend, Lisa, better known as Watermom, just had breast cancer surgery yesterday. It is a particularly aggressive form and they had to go back in and take more. Now she and her family wait to see if they got it. If not, by the end of the week they'll be doing more surgery, and the third round (if necessary) with be a mastectomy. In any case it will be followed up by chemo and radiation. Luckily, Lisa is getting the best care to be had in West Virginia and breast cancer presents the oncologists with lots of options by which to attack the disease.

Watermom is a young woman, a school teacher and has 3 young children, the youngest around 10 or 11. She and another of our PoolForum mods, Al, aka, Poconos, just dropped in one afternoon a while back just to say hello. I had never met either of them and we spent the afternoon in my pool and by it having a grand time. We still have not met our fourth mod, Janet, aka, aylad, because she's in Louisiana, a bit too far. Al's in Pa, Lisa's in WV, and I'm in NJ.

We hope all of you will wish Lisa and her family all the best and that she's soon back in her pool with her family, and back on our board helping people with their pools backyards and even families.

If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for her. She's a good person and a fine friend. There are SO many people at PoolForum she has helped, and I'm sure a number of them are active here at TFP as well.

Thanks to you all.

CarlD

OMG, that is so aweful. I will be praying for Lisa. I am a 10 year survivor of BC and had very young children (4 & 7) at the time so I can really empathise! I will have to pop in over there and give her my best wishes. Things have gotten so much better for treatment options since mine -

Lisa has asked that someone from PF who's registered here at TFP (she is not) pass on her deepest thanks to all you who have sent her your good wishes and prayers.

So as one of those closest to her at PF I'm passing her message along:

Just a quick note to say thanks to all who have posted and offered good wishes and prayers. I am home recovering from surgery. Rather sore, but not excruciating pain by any means. I certainly appreciate everybody here who has taken the time to respond to Al's post. We will keep everyone posted. Hopefully, the news we get next week will be positive. Thanks again to all of you. BTW: I have not yet registered at TFP, but know that there are people there also who have offered wishes and prayers. I would appreciate if someone could pass along my appreciation to those folks over there as well.

Lisa

We, the other moderators at PoolForum, also want to thank you all for your good wishes on Lisa's behalf.

Carl

Many PRAYERS to Lisa and her family from SW PA!

Many of you know me as one of the long time moderators at PoolForum and many of you have also popped over there and read of my recent diagnosis of breast cancer. I registered here at TFP this evening because I wanted to be able to say thank you to all of the people here who have offered good wishes and prayers for me. It is so very appreciated. I am one week post surgery and home recuperating. I will meet with the oncologist next week and then begin chemotherapy shortly thereafter. I would ask for continued prayers as I battle this disease. Thank you so much.

Lisa

watermom said:
Many of you know me as one of the long time moderators at PoolForum and many of you have also popped over there and read of my recent diagnosis of breast cancer. I registered here at TFP this evening because I wanted to be able to say thank you to all of the people here who have offered good wishes and prayers for me. It is so very appreciated. I am one week post surgery and home recuperating. I will meet with the oncologist next week and then begin chemotherapy shortly thereafter. I would ask for continued prayers as I battle this disease. Thank you so much.

Lisa

Definately Lisa! GOD BLESS YOU!! I hope everything goes well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
watermom said:

Lisa

Welcome to TFP.

Welcome Lisa and my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Things WILL get better - When I was in your position, I just took it one day at a time, allowed everyone to help if they offered (because it IS a blessing to have help from friends and family so you can concentrate on recovery) and remind yourself that this too shall pass. Cry when you feel like it, laugh at everything thats funny and go with the flow. God bless.

May God bless you Watermom

Watermom, I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family, make you stronger, and give you the awesome comfort that only can be found in the Lord Jesus. We must lean on him during these times, give the burdens of the disease to Jesus to carry for you; he always will.

I only found the postings today at poolforum, and can not register there. I have used your great advise, Watermom, several times though. Take good care of yourself. :wink:

Saundra

Thanks again for all the posts of good wishes and especially the prayers. I will be undergoing more tests this week to determine if the cancer has spread. (MRI of brain, CAT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis) I would appreciate continued prayers that these scans come back clean and show no spread of the cancer. Thanks again so much.

Lisa / Watermom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.