new pool/new plaster/newbie

Just finished filling the pool with City water after the plaster was finished yesterday. I just tested the levels and here's what I've got. I was told that the city water wouldn't have much of anything and I guess they were right. I've got to get the PH down but everything else needs to come up......WAY up. Any thoughts?

FCL - .84
CYA - 1
PH - 8.2
CH - 85
TA - 48

Congratulations!

Make sure you follow instructions from the builder because you do not want to do anything to void a warranty.

Your primary concern is keeping the pH in the 7's. You are going to need a lot of muriatic acid. Test daily and adjust pH as often as needed.

The easiest way to add FC and CYA to new plaster is trichlor pucks. It also helps keep the pH under control because it is acidic.

We suggest you add a start-up dose of sequesterant. See Pool School: pool-school/pool_plaster_start-up

Here's a link to National Plasterers' Org. Start-up Card: http://www.npconline.org/start-up-card

thanks for the quick replys. I built the pool myself so the only startup instructions are what's in this forums pool school. The plaster mfg (krystalKrete) said to keep the ph below 7 for the first month so I know I'll have to constantly add the muriatic acid.
It's a salt water pool but the salt system won't be on for the first month. So about how many trichlor pucks do you think I would need to get me thru until I startup the salt generator? Or should I just go with bleach for the first month?

oh, and I'm testing with the Lamotte colorQ Pro 7

I advise not to maintain the pH below 7.0. Not good for new plaster. Better to follow the NPC guidelines that butterfly linked to. Keep the water balanced from day one.
Trichlor tabs will add CYA which is needed. The amount of tabs needed depends on temperature and other issues. But probably around 2 or 3 per week. Bleach works also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.