Puke in Pool

BethyM

Jun 5, 2012
So, we had a long day yesterday - my Dad's memorial service - and hopped in the pool after dinner for some fun. We probably got carried away dumping my 11 year old out of the inflatable canoe and he ended up puking in the pool :-( ... It wasn't much, but we immediately had everyone get out.

My FC was about 7 at the time with a pH of 7.8. I lowered the pH to about 7.4 and then brought it up to a shock value of 16 (CYA 36, 21200 gallons of H2O)

This morning, I just tested it and my FC is at 9 with CC of 1.5. Ack!! I'm guessing this means we shouldn't swim today :-( Do I raise it back to shock until I can pass the OCLT? I'm pretty sure that's the right course, but my mind is foggy and I don't want to just guess at it.

Thanks!

Yes, maintain shock level until you pass the three tests that show you are done shocking. See red lines in my sig.

I don't think your son's accident would have caused that much CC. I think something else was going on before that. :wink:

Butterfly: I have to agree with you. I know my 'pool maintenance' hasn't been impeccable this week. They dug out a new foundation behind us so we're battling dirt in the pool too -- not sure if that would raise the CC??

At least I have #3 down, water is gorgeous to look at :)

Another question, should I go out there and brush / vacuum it? I assume it's 'safe' if I'm not dunking my head in or drinking it.

Brushing is a part of the shock process described in Pool School. Besides, it is often said that most of us do not brush our pools ofen enough!

If you need to vac, do that before you brush , otherwise, just brush. :)

Last night:

FC = 13
CC = 0

This morning
FC = 12
CC = .5 (very slight tinge)

1) Loss of 1ppm!
2) Loss of .5 CCs
3) Water is crystal clear

Based on the amount of dirt I vacuumed, I'm going to assume the need to do the shock process was as much because they have been digging the dirt for the new house behind us. I sure am enjoying my clear water and HUGE thanks to this site for that. :) Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.