Raised SPA draining into the pool - Please Help!

panta_

Jul 14, 2012
Hallo Everyone,

I have raised spa with overspill, so when the pump is running the water is spilling into the pool. Everything is fine when pump is running. My problem is that, if I leave the the SPA drain open and the pump is not running, all of the water prom the SPA is draining into the pool. I did a little research and it is appearing the water is leaking from the SPA drain -1 through the skimmer suction-3 and the cleaner suction-4 (if I leave it open) into the pool. I'm not sure if the SPA water could be draining into the pool through the pool main drain? I only have actuators on the SPA and pool drain.See picture.
I'm sure there is something wrong with the piping design or there is/are valve(s) missing, but need help to figure out what could be the best option.
Is there a valve I can install on the spa drain pipe, so it can open when pump is running and close when stops? Or I have to install check valves on the skimmer and cleaner suction?
Please, help me out with ideas!

Thank you!
Boris

Welcome to TFP!
Typically when a spa drains to the pool, it's a jammed check valve on the spa plumbing that isn't closing as it should. I'm having a hard time following your description; can you post a picture of the equipment showing the pipes and valves?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.