CC= 25
PH= 8.2
TA=300
CH= 700
CYA=25ppm
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Eric

Welcome to TFP!

I very much hope that your CC result is wrong. You need to move along fairly quickly when doing the FC/CC test with high FC levels or you can get false high results.

If FC is anywhere near 33 the PH test result is invalid. Wait until FC is 10 or lower and then measure PH again. Once you can measure PH, lower it to 7.2.

Your TA and CH levels are both very high. You will need to start working on lowering TA right away. Or perhaps your TA result is wrong as well. On the TA test, try wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp tissue every couple of drops and see if the result changes.

CYA is a little low. The recommended level is 30 to 50.

Swamp water said:
Yes the pool has a greenish brown tint
Tint, or cloudy? You may have metals in the water, and all the chlorine has caused it to show. That will be clear but colored water. That requires metal sequestrant.

If the CC is really 25, then I suspect the water is pretty murky, which means algae. If the CH number is also correct, you better think about draining some water and refilling. And not use any Calcium Hypochlorite "shock".

If not overloaded with CH, your CYA level is fine, and you need to maintain FC above 12 until the water clears. There's no point overloading the pool with bleach, it will bleach out your vinyl liner (if it hasn't already) and it loses strength by percentage, rather than as a fixed parts per million per day, to sunlight.

TA 280

The CH took along time to get a proper result the first time
I had to use the half distilled water method
I will head back into the lab and work on trying it again

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a pump jack style well with a holding tank I pump out of for water
Can I test this water somehow to see if it ok to use for filling

If I am to drain the pool how much water?
What are my options if my water source is poor?

Swamp water said:
I have a pump jack style well with a holding tank I pump out of for water
Can I test this water somehow to see if it ok to use for filling

If I am to drain the pool how much water?
What are my options if my water source is poor?
I'm a city slicker, no firsthand experience with well water. You might want to use the search box for "well water" and see what others have posted.

Some (perhaps many) wells contain high amounts of iron or copper, but the only thing that matters here is how is the water in YOUR well. Unfortunately metals testing from pool stores, etc. is at best unreliable, and professional water testing can be slow and expensive (although it may well be worth it if your family is drinking water from this well).

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.