Ring around the pool?

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
I am not sure if this is normal but my pool is developing a ring at the water line. Like a film. Its in the skimmer too. Kinda feels sticky/greasy. My water tests are normal and I have had people wearing sunscreen on in the pool. When I get in I don't wear sunscreen and when I get out I feel sticky. Any ideas as to what this is? It has been coming on gradually but last night it was the most noticeable.

I am going to run a new set of water tests in just a few minutes and post them here just in case they are needed.

Sunscreen. Moisturizing lotion. Just go look around the bathroom and on her dresser top, you'll find plenty of suspects.

Wipe it off with a "Magic Eraser", usually in the aisle with the bathroom cleaners. After the grocery store, stop at the pool store and buy a scumball. Or whatever they're selling. It's a piece of foam that floats around (mine usually ends up in the skimmer area) and absorbs oils. It will probably be in a box on the counter.

Oooh nice! I didn't know they made something like that. Going to get that tomorrow while the wife is at work.

Looks like I need chlorine again.

FC .5
CC .5
pH 7.6
TA 110
CYA 40

How often do you test for CYA? Is once a month ok? I went through the reagant pretty fast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.