Langelier Saturation Index

Jun 7, 2012
Staten Island NY
Off topic and overly technical side conversation split from this topic. JasonLion

joenypd said:
sounds like you might have a scale problem. That calcium reading is very high so is the TA, CSI is probably high and I suspect it might be your well water

This reading might be able to help you out if it is you WELL WATER that is giving you all the trouble. High Langelier Indexes can be lowered area, I think might be ultilized in you situation.

Copyrighted material used without permission has been removed. JasonLion

Re: TF100 Arrived!!!! help! 7/2 CLOUDY AGAIN :(

If its not the calcium saturation levels and it is iron or other metals, and that is a very good possiblity. Then your best bet would be to drain the pool and have it filled with a pool water truck. It will more difficult and more expensive to try to filter the anount of water you need to fill your pool......We all wish every problem was just algae and the improper handling of common pool chemicals, but sometimes you have a REAL pain in the Rear problem and I think yours is one of thoughs. Again don't take any of this to heart until you get professional on site advice. But I think you are well past chlorine tests. Pools aren't really this hard to maintain as the folks on this site have shown us, you just have one of those more difficult problems.

Re: TF100 Arrived!!!! help! 7/2 CLOUDY AGAIN :(

yes, linen, just thought she could read the whole article thought it was interesting and help explain the saturation process. Thats why I pointed out in the begining what I thought was most helpful for her was the part in the article where it outline the the process on how to lower it. Lowering the saturation is lowering, doesn't matter which index was used to measure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.