What is this??

Valkyrie

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Athens, AL
At my pump/filter area, and in between the 3 returns and the 2 skimmer pipes, where they go into the ground, is a standpipe that has water that is a couple of inches below the opening of the pipe, any thoughts?
hope I gave enough detail.

Thanks in advance

That's the mounting location for your flugenbaffler valve. It's usually plumbed directly into the farginmagiggy but in your case the PB seems to have missed this step. This is very difficult to fix yourself as a klaxxon wrench and a triaxial gauge are required to correctly align the valve. If you don't have those tools then you'll likely be paying big bucks to a pool installer to do the install.

On the up-side you can safely ignore my entire post since I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

Until the right answer comes along.

I had a similar pipe.
Mine ended up being the "OLD" waste discharge pipe, that apparently clogged up on the old homeowners.
They cut it off, abandoned it, and went with the Flex hose to the garden approach instead

Could this be the overflow pipe? I have one off of my auto-fill now. Currently it has a 90 and terminates vertically after about a foot of pipe. I will be plumbing this into my drain system and out to the street. Possibly someone forgot to tie it in and there it sits?

Could it be the air intake for the spa jets? --- no that can't be it --- it's flooded.... :(

Maybe it's a head calculator! :-D 30 foot vertical section of pipe -- see how high the water will go! :lol:

Just a few ideas.....

Stever

If this is an older pool sometimes lines were installed to be used for pool cleaners. It would only be completed if the owner bought the cleaner. Otherwise the pipe just sat there unused.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.