Under construction in Waxahachie!

@mho - now that is a great gadget! It's kind of like an all in one, plus, the long handle helps keep distance from "things." I'll have to look into that.

We finally fired up the spa last night - and it was awesome.... I can see this being a nightly venture. I wish the controls had a backlight, I don't have the buttons memorized yet.

imrodee said:
eeeeeeuuu!!!!!

@Sparkle - No, not DLD.. these might be Wolf Spiders.. These ones today are brown. They are all hiding today - it's 104 degrees here today.
Twice, I've had HUGE black spiders, the body was the size of quarter and a dime put together. I try not to get too close. I don't think they could come in the house, they'd have to knock, cause they wouldn't fit under the door.

OK, have three pics - One taken from the top of the tanning ledge, these two were on the bottom of the pool, the next one, I got IN the pool, and one was taken from me standing on the coping looking into the water (cropped.) :shock:

@techguy.. Both parents born in Edinburgh Scotland :goodjob: Not many here know the term "Wellies." LOL!

I hope these spiders take up a new residence soon <..shudder..>

MORE SPIDERS!!

I may have you beat on size however. Seems like every year in the fall these guys show up. They don't actually bother me, I picture them eating crickets (dont know if they actually do or not) which makes them okay in my book.

file-22.jpg

file-21.jpg

:shock: :shock: This guy looks like he could eat a pizza! Is that a tarantula? Yes, you do have me beat! (I don't mind losing either.)

PS.. Most of my spiders went away after the pool was filled.

Sure looks like a tarantula! When I lived in Texas YEARS ago, we were on our way back from Sherman after watching an airshow. Hubby saw a a big spider on the road. Stopped and pulled over. I said, Hey lets take a picture! He said, Lets take it home! Crud. We did, and while he was off traveling, I was the one who had to feed it. Well I obviously didn't do a good job. When I thought it was molting (which tarantula's do, or so they told me) it was actually in the process of dying. I was not saddened by its passing. Made husband dispose of it when he came back. Yuck. You have my sympathies.

PRODUCT REVIEW - King Fin brush - LOVE it! :goodjob:
Angel Handle for skimmer basket... Not so crazy about this. My hand is still too close to the water if there is "something" in there. I bought a goldfish net (Walmart) to pick out the small leaves, crickets etc.. and the handle gets in the way. :|

Everything is going along great with the pool.. I'm waiting on getting the salt system going. Then learn that system. :party:

The skimmer is just like a little frog spa, I guess. I found 3 this am. This guy got out of the basket when I was removing it and, POOF, went down the tube.

file-33.jpg

I rescued him from the pump basket, still alive. Transfered him to the more frog friendly goldfish pond. He seems to like it.

file-34.jpg

How are you and your frog friends doing? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, since I rescued those 2 frogs I had, they haven't been back.

@bp - Congratulations on saving that frog!!! When I read saw that he went down the pipe, I thought he was a goner, but YEAHHHH! He was rescued! :whoot: :whoot:

@arvven, I think the worst part for me was during the gunite stage.. So far that is... I always check the skimmers before we go in the pool. JUST in case!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did the speedstir come in?? Hopefully you got to swim over the long weekend. I was at a parade then later a Rough Riders game and was just picturing myself jumping into the pool all day!

arvven said:
Did the speedstir come in?? Hopefully you got to swim over the long weekend. I was at a parade then later a Rough Riders game and was just picturing myself jumping into the pool all day!

Yes, the speedstir is awesome. It does make it so much easier to take the readings. Well worth the money! My pool is pretty consistent... then somebody wants to swim. jeeeeeeeeeeez.

Our granddaughter had her birthday party here Saturday, (the kids had a BLAST!) then we had friends over Sunday and Monday. So I did some scrubbing today.. in fact I'm going out to check the FC level in a bit. It got kinda low when I checked it this morning. The SWG will help regulate that when it gets hooked up.

You are going to love the spa....... :-D No matter how cold it gets, you'll be able to use that!

:party: The PB crew showed up this morning and sealed the stone and rocks, then hooked up the salt system. YEAH!!!

ALSO: The water bill arrived. It covered the gunite period, and the pool fill, and some of the watering of the new sod. I was pleasantly surprised.. It was $248.00! I was expecting $600 or more.

Wow, that's a great bill for all that was done. How was the scrubbing the plaster stage when it was first filled? I am gearing up for that because I think fill will be in about a week.

arvven said:
Wow, that's a great bill for all that was done. How was the scrubbing the plaster stage when it was first filled? I am gearing up for that because I think fill will be in about a week.

A WEEK TILL WATER!!!! THAT'S AWESOME! :whoot:

RE the water bill.. I know! $248. covered the entire pool process. (I used 37,300 gallons of water!) One thing I just thought of is, we don't have sewer charges on our water bill. We have an aerobic water system here.

Brushing the pool was easy enough. Check your skimmers to make sure they are clear and check your filter pressure gauge to see where it is at (number-wise.) Mine was on 15. All I did was open the main drains and start at the tile and push down towards the floor. It will get mighty cloudy, but you will see it getting sucked into the drains. After you go around the entire pool, spa, then push the floor dust into the drains. When you are finished, keep the drains open for an additional 5 minutes or so. Go look at your gauge on your filter. It should be a higher number. When it is +8 to +10 pounds higher than where you started, you should backwash. After you backwash and rinse it should go right back down to where you started. I can't remember if you have a DE filter or sand... but follow the directions carefully. I have to add more DE after I backwash every time. Not sure about the sand procedure.

I had plaster dust for a while.. Maybe a few weeks? I did have the luxury of being in the pool and doing nooks and crannies by hand too. Just make sure you go around the lights and eyeballs (sounds weird) really good.

Keep a log of your test results...... For lots of reasons. Make sure you stay in the PB perimeters, since he is the guy who you have to go to if something fails. :mrgreen: Everybody here can help you stay on track. TRUST me, I'm living proof that anybody can learn. :hammer:

You know what works really good on the tile is that Magic Eraser. Somebody said a pumice stone, but...... that sounded like it might scratch the tile. Maybe not... but I'm not practicing on my new tile.

I'll scoot over to your thread to see everything!

SEND IN YOUR WARRANTY INFORMATION......... OR REGISTER ONLINE.

I don't know if I imagined it or not... might have been the wine. BUT, I think the water "felt" smoother last night because of the salt. I know it was saltier!
I had a bubble or two jump in my wine glass.

I also found out that "Tucker" (Shi-Poo) that loves the water...... can't swim. Last night he jumped in the deep end and scrambled over to the edge and could not get out. Of course I was right there with him, but now I'm so afraid for him. I tried to coax him to paddle down to the tanning ledge, but his little legs are short and don't hold his body up very well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Looking into those doggie ramps..

Training! Teach him to swim to the way out. It can/will happen. Put him in the water at different points and lure him to the place he will be safe or can get out. Jackpot reward for when he swims to THE spot. Over and over and over again to make it a habit for just in case!

We had to do it with one of the cats! This one keeps walking on the edge and falls in! We have been in the water every time but were SO worried about if we were not. We put her in the water and lured her to the ladder where she can get out. (She loves hotdogs!) It took about 7 times before she would swim to the ladder on her own. Silly kitty!

Kim

kimkats said:
Training! Teach him to swim to the way out. It can/will happen. Put him in the water at different points and lure him to the place he will be safe or can get out. Jackpot reward for when he swims to THE spot. Over and over and over again to make it a habit for just in case!

We had to do it with one of the cats! This one keeps walking on the edge and falls in! We have been in the water every time but were SO worried about if we were not. We put her in the water and lured her to the ladder where she can get out. (She loves hotdogs!) It took about 7 times before she would swim to the ladder on her own. Silly kitty!

Kim

I have been working with him over near the tanning ledge, just moving him out further and further. His little toothpick legs work as fast as they can.. But he sinks. He's built like a little bulldog, not scared of anything. I will absolutely try the hotdog trick tho! He loves food! I need to hurry, because the water will start getting too cold soon.

I have only seen 1 cat soaking wet, and MAD. LOL! At least yours knows how to get out now! Thanks for the tip Kim!

My friend had a pug that did sink. My friend would throw a rock in the pool and the pug would run down the steps and along the bottom of the pool, get the rock and run out, all under water the entire time. Crazy.

bp- That would be hilarious to watch!

Here's my little man...sitting at the deep end, thinking about jumping in.

And a pic showing the "new bubbles" since salt was added and the rockwork was sealed. It was suggested to me that perhaps the bubbles are from the sealer overspray. I'm watching to see if they go away.. (hoping..)

Attachments

• IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 134

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.