I want BLUE water!!!

Lrgbohler said:
I took all of your advice...I have read Pool School and got a new testing kit. ...
If you had read Pool School, you would have seen this...

Defeating Algae

Algae doesn't need to be the bane of your existence. The simplest way to get rid of algae is never to get it in the first place. If you maintain the appropriate free chlorine (FC) level at all times, algae will never be able to get started.

The earlier you catch algae, the easier it is to get rid of. When algae is just starting, the water will have a dull appearance and the FC level will start falling more quickly than usual. If you catch algae at this point, it usually only takes a single application of chlorine to wipe it out.

Once you have a serious algae problem, there are two crucial things to understand about getting rid of it. First, algae is constantly growing. If you skip a day before you have gotten rid of it all, it starts growing right back. Skip a couple of days, and any time and chemicals you invested up to that point will be wasted.

When you first start fighting algae, it is a race: you need to kill the algae faster than it grows back. The earlier you catch an algae bloom.....

You can read the rest here... pool-school/defeating_algae

Not a tough problem, but it will take a few days. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.