Neighbors backwash

Mar 6, 2012
Kansas City, MO
My neighbors got a huge, gorgeous pool. He doesn't do any maintenance himself, so every Wednesday his pool service company comes to clean it. They backwash into the street, and it's so full of chemicals, the street is stained with white streaks and patches. Is this is normal when not using BBB?? I mean, I'm new to this whole thing, but even still, seeing that stuff come out of my pool would make me question whether or not I should be swimming in that water.
I meant to take a couple pics, but forgot. I'll try to snap one later...

My backwash line goes underground about 20 ft away or so to a spot in my yard. I put gravel in the hole where it ends up so it doesn't get to packed, and it waters the lawn when I finally do backwash which is not very often.. ~2 weeks at least.

elwood58 said:
I agree that it sounds like DE, and weekly backwash is overkill.

I am always discussed at what comes out of my Sand Filter when I backwash. I am sure glad it is taking that stuff out of my pool.
Now think about us with Cartridge. Our perfectly clean, white, new filters come out BROWN.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.