Technichlor SWG users

Apr 22, 2012
I recently started using the Technichlor SWG. Just curious as who else is using and how they like it. So far, after only a week, it seems to work nicely. Trying to see what setting will maintain a 2-3 PPM range. I am going between settings of 3 and 4 right now with a 395 gallon tub. Any replies on what your doing will be appreciated. So far I think I am going to like the freedom it gives. THX

what is your CYA? Very important to keep that around 80ppm for SWG to protect the FC from the sun.

Also watch your pH as SWG tend to cause it to rise.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Only a smaller amount of CYA is required for a hot tub (that is usually covered). Around 30 ppm is a decent target. This also allows for a generally lower FC level to start off when one soaks. In a hot tub, a lower FC level (independent of CYA level) helps to avoid the smell of monochloramine that forms when you sweat ammonia in the tub. One just needs to make sure to add more chlorine right after the soak. If one doesn't soak very long, then the "boost" mode of the Technichlor may be enough, but usually one needs to manually dose and just use the Technichlor for a background level of chlorine in between soaks -- somewhat similar to the use of bromine tabs in a bromine spa. A spa has a much higher bather load than a residential pool so has much wider fluctuations in chlorine demand as a result.

This is in a hot tub. I am really liking this technichlor. I keep it on setting 4 and it seems to hold between 2-4 PPM. I had the Chlorine about 4 ppm the other day, soaked by myself for about 45 minutes. After I exited, I checked the PPM and it was 1-2. I did not add anything to see what would happen, watching closely. The next AM it was a little stronger so I relaxed a bit, but after two full days it seems to be peaking at 2-4 on the scale. If this is the case, I will soak, add a small amount (probably an ounce) of bleach, and forget about it. Really will be nice when I am away for days at a time. I would be anxious to see others methods.

I have the drop in. I thought it would be a pain but it is not at all. I wired it directly into my hot tub and it comes out a vent in my side panel. I really like it. I normally just leave it in while I use the tub. Keeps Cl at 2-3 ppm at level 3 if I use nightly or the same on level 2 if I am away for a few days. 395 gallon tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.