is this product a yes, or a no?

This is a liquid right? If so it will not add CH as elwood58 mentioned (that is cal-hypo).

Odd that the available chlorine is > than the sodium-hypo ... or maybe I am still ignorant about some of the chemistry ;)

jblizzle said:
This is a liquid right? If so it will not add CH as elwood58 mentioned (that is cal-hypo).

Odd that the available chlorine is > than the sodium-hypo ... or maybe I am still ignorant about some of the chemistry ;)

My guess - is that this relates to this article that says that "active chlorine" is different from just chlorine in bleach. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent_active_chlorine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They ran a BOGO sale on the same stuff at the beginning of May. I bought two cases, used them at the beginning of the summer, and had no issue. If I didn't already have a doomsday stockpile in my basement, I would buy more. Even when breaking down to unit price, $2.50/gal of 12.5% is the cheapest non-BOGO price I've seen all summer in the Chicago area.

Be warned, liquid chlorine (12.5%) does not have a long shelf life, so buying for a month or two is okay, but I wouldn't buy much more than that. Also keep it cool and out of the sun. Bleach (6%) has a significantly longer shelf life (3-4 times).

I tried stocking up from menards back in may, got a 3 month suppy. Made it ok to first week in july and started having some FC issues. After a lot of testing I figure my remaining 12.5 is done to about 6%. Going to buy no more than i Can use in a month from now on.

I had a few gallons left of 10% from last year that I used while opening and it appeared to be just as strong.

Currently I have 2 cases of 10% and 4 cases of 12.5% - hopefully it doesn't lose strength.

Stored in the garage.

I bought some of this same "Extreme Shock" last year too, but I can't remember if I considered it 12.5 or 15% since the active ingredient is 12.5%

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.