Using Solar Attic pool heater

Dec 1, 2010
Massachusetts
I just want to let everyone know I bought the Solar Attic and installed it myself. I have to say I am happy with the investment. Although it's been a warm Summer, I noticed it's ability to condition the water this Spring. I was able to heat my spillover hot tub yesterday to 99 degrees just with the solar. It was an 89 degree warm day so my 120 degree attic got the job done. I have a nice large attic with a Southwestern exposure and black roof so this all adds up to some real heat on sunny days.

Re: attic heat exchangers for pool heating

First person I know to have one! Interesting, so does it also do a good job of cooling off your attic? How long does it take to heat your pool (and how big of a pool do you have). Is it loud? Any other points of insight or concern?

Thanks

I have an 18*36 inground with 8' deep end. Cools the attic over a period of time but it really pulls the heat and puts it in the pool nicely. This Fall will be the true test. I'll get some pics and post later. I have the 3rd generation so the noise and vibration is not bad at all. the owner of the Co. is awesome. I must have sent him 40 emails and he replied to each in a courteous manner. That is rare!

What measures do they take to avoid a leak? Does insurance get sticky about covering water damage with it? Just curious. I'd love a solar type solution and do have a hot attic but hubby (former eng) grouses about all the things that could go wrong re attic concept.

Swampwoman said:
What measures do they take to avoid a leak? Does insurance get sticky about covering water damage with it? Just curious. I'd love a solar type solution and do have a hot attic but hubby (former eng) grouses about all the things that could go wrong re attic concept.
Having seen what an attic installed hot water heater failure can do... I am interested in this question as well.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.