Help on the CC test

I'm converting from Baquacil to Chlorine - this topic http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=5012

when I do the drop test for Chlorine I've been getting results somewhere between 12 and 15 FC (right now that's my target to get rid of the Baquagoo). I say somewhere between 12 and 15 because the water in the tube turns back to pink from clear....not really how sure how long it should stay "clear" to call it done (question "A")

question "B" - I then work on the CC test. Add the drops to turn the test solution back to "pink" - although it turns dark red. I've not been able to add enough drops to get it back to clear and I know the number would be waaayyy too high - so question "B" - is the baquagoo interferring with the test and/or is this a function of the elevated levels of FC I'm targeting.

question "C - is this something I shouldn't worry about until I get through the conversion?

Hi, Mark,

Great pictures!

I think the answer to question C is that the cc's don't matter for a few more days. Some better chemists than I will be along soon to help but I believe the Aquagoo has made the cc's test irrelevant until you clean it out some more.

The answer to question a is that the endpoint of the test is the last drop that makes it turn clear. Almost always, it will very shortly return to pink but you can disregard that....once it clears, the test is complete.

I have not done a conversion personally but "witnessed" several on this and another forum. It takes nerves of steel to watch your pool go thru this but you'll enjoy the rewards soon. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.