DFW Texas (Midlothian)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Am I being too picky or does this look like Crud?

DSC05231-vi.jpg

The other side that isn't pictured has a large amount of gunite ooze that has now hardened also.

I asked the PB to at least make the pad square and remove the excess gunite from the edges but I'm getting some resistance I think.

your the customer

if there's a problem you should let pool general contractor know ASAP and before you make final payment. gunite contractors normally drape everything because the stuff flys during application. overspray is not unusual and probably happens on most pool jobs. it shouldn't be an issue to fix easily and quickly.

I thought you were complaining about the plumbing ... which I thought looks pretty well done.

Then I see all the concrete on the pipes and all over the ground ... were the installers blind? That is a ridiculous mess.

I personally think the plumbing looks like a nightmare waiting to happen, since they left no space between all those expensive valves to splice in a repair when a leak happens. This is a common problem with new pool constructions the contractors love to plumb things as compactly as possible, but this means you must rip it all out and replace for one minor leak sooner or later, I would much rather see fittings spaced out over 2 -3 times that much space leaving room to cut out and replace sections when needed.

Ike.

True ... why did they have to put the valves right at the top by the fittings with so much free pipe below them? That would have helped some even if they were not spread out.

Personally, I wouldn't have them cut down the pad. It gives you room for equipment expansion or a place to store stuff off the ground (you may already have a lot of that, but I don't).

The **** to the right of the pad and all over the pipes is horrendous though. I'd definitely complain and if he's all "that's normal, blah, blah", do a Really good job of guilting him into cleaning it up: "Its Normal for you to leave a job site so *****? I wish I would have known before I chose you as a builder that you did things like this. I'm sure other builders don't do that. Perhaps other people would like to know that you leave your job sites looking like a dump truck drove up and dumped all over them." You get the picture.

thanks for the opinions everyone, spoke with the builder and he said the clean up crew will def take care of all the "extra" gunite everywhere. It seems to peel off the pipes pretty easy also so I think I'm good there.

Barbja, the extra room is for my heat pump that hasn't arrived yet but my fingers are still crossed everything will fit on the pad :)

Rather sloppy as far as the aesthetics... I sure hope he cleans it up!! Can't help you on the rest.. (newbie)

From the scale of everything in the pic, it appears to have plenty of space either for a heater or heat pump. I agree with the issue regarding how closely the valves are plumbed. But, keep in mind that you can use 2.5" connectors with 2.5 to 2.0" bushings to fix any problems that might arise. The 2.5 inch connector can fit over each Jandy Neverlube port, a nice feature of those valves that I've had to take advantage of. Overall, looks like quite a complex plumbing job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.