new solar panels & new filter leaking

Jul 6, 2011
Okay, so today I finally finished the install of my new Sunheat collectors (4x20) with my new Hayward EC-50 DE filter, and at soon as I started the pump one collector has a "pin hole" in it. Also if that wasn't enough, the factory installed fittings on the filter are leaking as well (3-5posible drops every 10.sec). How can i fix the collector? Should i mess with the filter? I though of draining the filter, removing all of the factory fittings, clean all of the teflon tape and reinstall everything using pvc glue. Any advice?

traxx2003 said:
How can i fix the collector?
I would call/emal the manufacturer, they might replace it or at least send a repair kit. My sungrabbers have little "plugs" that you put in the leaking tube.

traxx2003 said:
Should i mess with the filter? I though of draining the filter, removing all of the factory fittings, clean all of the teflon tape and reinstall everything using pvc glue. Any advice?
If you will winterize, the pool I might wait till then since the leak is pretty slow. If the fittings are leaking at threads, then will need to take them apart and either remove and reapply the teflon tape (I use 3 full wraps of wide tape) or use a teflon paste.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.