SWG Cell Life

johnd13

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2009
Being in South Florida the pool is open 365 days a year. I know the average life span of an Aqua Rite cell is a bout 5 years, but is that based on the pool open all year or the pool open 5 or 6 months a year?

Cell lifetime is difficult to predict with any precision. In "normal" usage the "average user" gets something like three to five years. If you keep the pool open year round the lifetime will be shorter than that, though how much shorter depends quite a bit on the water temperature over the winter. If you keep the pool heated during the winter the lifetime will probably be half of "normal". But if the water gets reasonably cold during the winter, chlorine consumption will be dramatically reduced and the cell lifetime will be much closer to the "normal" user.

I live in Tucson where pools are open year round and swim season runs from mid April until about Thanksgiving. My AquaRite T-15 cell lasted 6+ years in a 20k pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.