Blue Pearl or Polaris 360?

jimh

Mar 31, 2007
Frederick, Md.
Hello,
My pool is almost complete. I need a cleaner and I'm running out of money :shock: Otherwise I would get the Aquabot T-4 and call it a day.

My pool is 20 x 40 freeform gunite

3.5 - 8.5 feet deep

28,000 gallons

I have studied the forums ( this one is the best ) and I am leaning towards the Blue pearl. Another option is to use the Polaris 360 and a pool buster.

Either way, I will be happy with my choice but I would like some opinions from people who have had both a pressure cleaner and a robot.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Thanks for the info.

I do not have a booster pump. I have a 2 - speed, 1.5 hp whisperflow. Most of the run time will be on low...could I keep the polaris 360 connected?

I'm leaning towards getting the blue pearl, should the one year warrenty worry me?

Jim

If I remember, the 360 does not require the booster pump and runs off of the pressure in existing return lines. Your only concern would be if you are generating enough pressure to get the cleaner running. Being able to isolate (restrict) some of the returns to increase that pressure would be helpful. I am sure some of the robotic cleaner users will join in as well to offer their opinions.

I've had the Blue Pearl since the end of last season. I have been very pleased with the performance. My pool is an 18x36 and the pearl does an excellent job covering the pool in the 3 hour cycle. I faced the same decision you're making now last year and I liked the idea of having a self-contained cleaner and from reading the forums it seemed that many preferred robots over pressure or suction side cleaners. I didn't want to spend a fortune either so the price of the Blue Pearl was a big plus. I'm sure many folks love the other types of cleaners but I haven't been disappointed with the decision to go with the BP robot.

I think combining any cleaner with the Poolbuster is a good idea and I plan to do that soon myself.

Thanks,

Kevin

I've got a 20x40 IG and had a Polaris 380 with Booster pump for 6 years - replaced it last year with a blue pearl. There is no comparison, the pearl is so much better, does a much better job much faster and is much less costly to operate as you don't have a pair o 220v pumps running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.