Few more questions about hard plumbing

hrddrv

Aug 13, 2011
Gainesville, fl
Ok. I want to make sure I know what I need to get to hard plumb this thing. As you can tell in my sig I have the Intex Krystal Clear Model 633 pump and a 12"x33" Summer Escapes AG Ring Quick set pool. I am having to empty the pool because after the storms we had a few weeks ago the pool over flowed and we had a wash out. The pool was about 1.5 to 2 inches out of level before the wash out now it is about 3.5 to 4 inches. So I figured while I was doing all this why not just hard pipe as well.

1. Are these what I need for the pump? Part number E950HG 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 coupler Sku: 0 34481 06227 1 from home depot
2. Does these just go on with out gluing because of the o-ring or do I need to glue?
3. I was planning on using 1-1/2 inch pvc is this ok?
4. Does anyone know what connections I can use for the Summer Escapes inlet and outlet? Will the ones for the pump fit? Will I need to glue these?

I plan on kind of burying these. What I mean is I am digging a trench to put the pipes in but I will place a stepping stone on top of it so that I can put pipes away during winter storage. Yes I will be using lots of unions and some valves. I know some may think I am crazy spending the money on this thing but it will make my life simpler in the long run, plus I hope to move in a few years to a home with a IGP.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

The walls of this kind of pool move a lot when people are inside, this movement is incompatible with rigid tubing and even soft tubes may stress the connection points to the walls, this is why the manufacturer uses this kind of hose to connect the pool to the pump.

Same thing goes for these pumps, the lightweight and very thin plastic used calls for soft hose connection as the pump vibrates a lot and attaching such a source of vibration to rigid tubing may put a lot of stress to the weakest part, I tend to suspect that this might be the pump housing itself.

If rigid tubing is going to be installed after all, then lengths of very flexible hose (the type included with the pool comes to mind) should be used to connect the rigid tubing to both the walls of the pool and the inlet / outlet of the pump.

Just my 2c.

That is a good point asxetos. That might be why no one has done it. Right now I can tell you that the Part number E950HG 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 coupler Sku: 0 34481 06227 1 from home depot does not fit so I am back to square one. I may end up doing a combination of flex and PVC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.