HOW ARE THESE READINGS

What is your source of chlorine? Liquid bleach, SWG, tabs????? Watch the cya level as its getting high. If you get algae its gonna be tuff to fight off. Your FC level could be higher with your cya level, but most of the numbers look good.

The yellow and red OTO test only goes as high as 5ppm, so wait to use that one till you're testing for 5ppm or less. It's more of a daily chlorine tester, and pH test tube. You don't have to use it at all if you don't want to. I always use the powder and reagents, it's easier to read and far more accurate.

The only thing I see in your results is high CYA. You may want to consider draining 40-50% of the water so that you won't need such high chlorine, and possibly start working on lowering TA closer to 70 if you find that your pH is fluctuating more than you like.

this is a 15x48 intex i am trying to keep the water in good condition cause i am fixing to transfer this into my 24x52 heritage and will have alot more water so i will have more work to do just wondering where i stood on my chemicals.so how do i lower the cya i am new to pools and realy have know idea what i am doing. i use 3 inch chlorine tabs

Well, that's easy. Just only put in half of the full volume of the big pool from the little pool. Then you'll be at 40ppm CYA in the big one. Perfect!

The only way to lower CYA is to drain and refill with fresh water, so this will actually work out for you without you having to drain anything.

Also, the source of your high CYA is those tablets. So, it's absolutely time to stop using them and switch to bleach/liquid chlorine. Read pool school, more than three times.

When will you do this water switcheroo anyway?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.