32X16X52 Intex Rect Pool - Paver spacement/measurements

Jul 7, 2012
Caddo Mills, Tx
We are having a landscaping crew finish up our leveling and place 16X16X4 concrete blocks for the supports. Can anyone tell me the measurements and spacing according to their setup? I thought I saw them once before, but I cannot find them. Thanks!

I think this is what you were looking for. Bottom of first page in this thread:

through-wall-skimmer-on-rectangular-intex-ultra-frame-update-t40861.html

This chart shows the measurement length and width but as far as the distance between the blocks I don't know. My plan is to build a 6" wide frame all they way around the pool and then pour concrete for the legs to sit on. this way the concrete frame will help to hold the sand and pink foam level.

I am setting my blocks now. I decided to use the measurements from that page and also i put the frame for the top on the ground and use that as a guide to place the blocks. making sure the frame is laying on the ground square and the distance at each corner is about the same.

OK I measured the spacing between the blocks. they should be standard for all size pools as they just add B or E pipes depending on the size. I have a 12 X 24 that I am setting up and I measured 44 inches on center for the long side or the A B B B B C side and I measured 40 inches on center for the D E F side. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Ashirafin
I went with the 1/2 in padding. Did you find that the measurements are a little off in that table? If I was going to start over I would have laid the foam padding at 12X24 and butted the pavers right up to the foam padding. It would have saved me a lot of time laying out and squaring off the area with lines. I took a lot of time putting down the layout lines so that the measurements of 13'10" and 25'10" would put the legs right in the middle of the pavers but they are off from center about 2 inches. And according to the table the bottom of the pool is 12X24 and that isn't even close as I can see but I only have about a foot of water in the pool so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes. My pads were 8ft long and 4ft wide. I laid them so that I had 4 rows of 4 pads. Once I sat the pool up I noted that the pads (insulation) stick out about two inches all the way around the pool. I don't believe the bottom of the pool is truly 16x32. I think it is smaller. I did not bury my boards and simply set them butting up to the insulation, being about 1/4 inch to a half inch higher. As I filled the pool I continually went around it pulling the legs out at the bottom. My pool set up fine and but it isn't totally level. The water is 2-3 inches low in one corner. Three sides of my pool are fine, but on one of the long sides it bows in a little along the top rail. The support legs look good though. I don't think the unlevelness has anything to do with my supports.

These are pic of the pool, once it was setup and water being added. I started adding water at 11PM and stopped around 9PM the next night. I work nights, so I stayed up all night monitoring the progress, and then slept a few hours the next afternoon.

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 608
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 606
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 617
And this is a picture of the final product. When looking in the photo, the wall in the upper left corner shows 2-3 blue squares above the water level. Everywhere else the water is up to the white part of the liner, without any squares showing. That same upper rail bows in toward the pool slightly, while all the other tops rails appear to be straight. I think it has a lot to do with the water level. The bottom long rail stayed bowed in until the water level was up to the white part of the liner all the way down the rail.

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 646
Wow that is a nice looking install. My backyard is a lot smaller so the pool takes up pretty much the entire thing. I used a water level to make sure all the paivers were at the same level and then placed a 12ft ladder on the paivers and checked that they all touched and the ladder was level. so far it is filling up and looks pretty level. I seem to have the same number of blue squares all the way around to the water. Once I have time I will post pictures. I stopped filling the pool at 10:30 last night and started again this morning, I didn't want my well pump running all night long. I was thinking about using wood and seeing your install I wish I had. have you noticed any bowing or possible cracking of the wood?

I know this is several years old now, but did the wood hold up under the legs for the season? I'm having trouble figuring out what to put under my 12*24 rectangle's legs.

One did crack on an end. It was warped and I expected it. I dont know if it will hurt in the long run but I'm pretty sure it will be fine through this season. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the compliments.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.