not sure what the problem is

Jun 12, 2012
my pool keeps turning sligtly green

We have a 24' round ag pool with a 54" wall. We use a hayward 40 sq ft cartridge filter.

My pool test results are
cya- 41
tc 4.5
fc 3.2
ph 7.4
ta 118
hardness 237

the pool store is recommending I add ph decreaser ( Imnot sure why becasue the ph and alk are fine.
Also that I shock with 5 lbs

They are showing a quat reading of 0 and want me to add algecide to bring that up to a 4. Still dont know what that means.

Our pool has been slightly cloudy all season long.

so what do you suggest.

thanks

Sounds like you need to shock your pool. And I don't mean using a product called shock..I mean elevating your FC to shock level (16 for your CYA) and keeping it there until you pass all three tests. The best place to start is reading 'How to Shock your Pool' in Pool School. Also, the shocking process will really only be possible if you get your own (good) test kit. The two that come highly recommended here are the TF-100 and the Taylor K-2006.

Do not listen to those recommendations from the pool store. Neither of those suggestions will help your pool.

PS welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.