New booster pump or new cleaner?

May 3, 2010
My booster pump is on its last leg, making an awful noise on startup sounds like bearings are going out. Question: do I buy a new booster pump or should I switch to the Polaris 360 that doesn't use a booster pump? Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks

Our pool is about 6 years old and it seems like everything is going out. I just thought if we eliminate the booster pump that's one less piece of equipment to replace. I don't know anything about the type of cleaner that operates without the pump. We currently have the booster pump cleaner, it works ok.

Typically, a pressure side cleaner with a booster pump will outperform the equivalent cleaner without a booster. ie, a Polaris 380 with booster will definitely work better than a 360.

If you take pictures of your pump, we can identify the make and model for you. How does your current cleaner do in terms of picking up debris? How often do you use it? Do you have lots of trees around your pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.