concrete block pool

dproft

Jul 10, 2012
Hello! In my quest to obtain a pool, I've come across this concrete block pool idea. Now, I've read the majority of the 38 page related thread. Needless to say, I've got some questions.

1) Where does one obtain pool parts? (skimmer, drain, ect...ect..)
2) What can one use to seal the inside walls. - I've seen this sani-tread stuff. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
3) Can you use something to enable a little more creativity with the inside walls? I was thinking about rounding the corners, smoothing out coves or steps; basically rounding out things in general with either plaster or something along the lines of a surface bonding cement. I've read that the surface bonding cement should stop water, but figured on either putting in a liner or coating with the sani-tread.

Well, that's a start for now. I don't want to make the post too question heavy. I'll ask more as things progress.

Thanks!

To answer question #1:

You can obviously source parts from a local provider (like Leslies), but it's probably cheaper to buy them from online dealers (e.g. A1poolparts.com, aquasupercenter.com, poolsupplyworld.com, h2opoolproducts.com, inyopools.com, etc). I'd suggesting thinking about what you need and then checking the products out online. All of the major vendors (Pentair, Zodiac/Jandy, Hayward, Raypack, etc) have product catalogs and manuals online. You can also get suggestions here, as many of us have experience with the latest stuff out there. Sounds like a fun project!

Thanks for the replies. That build of Duraleigh's is pretty sweet. I'd have a hard time explaining to my wife why we need a pool bigger than my wood shop. Come to think of it, she may very well like the idea. I just may start out with a smaller project to test my ideas. I'm thinking a cordwood hot tub perhaps. Time will tell. In the mean time, I'll keep researching. I think I'll start with those suppliers mentioned. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.