Pump attached to the side of the pool went bad

heartz

Jul 11, 2012
I have a summer escapes pool 15 x 42 our pump attached to the side of the pool went bad. My neighbor has provided me with a sand filter and a 1 hp pump...we know the logistics of it but having issues with finding the right size hose attatchments as they had used pvc piping. How can I hook this up? And is a 1 hp to much for the pool? Is it going to create any problems? I only have one hose which goes from the pump on the side of the pool to the part that is attached to pool to circulate the water. Anyone help please????

You're going to have to modify the hoses to attach/splice to the pvc. The easiest way would be to hard pipe to the pool itself and forget the hoses. There is a thread from a couple years ago showing how this was done on one Intex pool, but with Intex equipment. I'll see if I can find it.

This one will do, although the op's photos aren't showing up, the domain/server they're stored at seems to be gone now. Supertune's images are showing though, towards the bottom of the first page. custom-pvc-pipe-adapter-for-intex-pools-t28971.html

Someone else will have to help with the actual pump size question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.