Comparable sand filter to a sta-rite T-240bp?

Ever get down around Lafayette, Indiana or Indianapolis?

I can give you exact details on the tank this evening. I don't have a problem shipping it if it works out. I just don't know what it would cost.

No, only in passing. South Bend when I lived in St. Joseph but that was just for shopping.

I would be happy to pay for shipping if it works out. Would the multi-valve from my filter fit the body of your tank? I know same company but did they change it just enough so they are not interchangable? Everything else works fine, just a crack in the tank. Epoxy did not hold at all. Thanks again for checking into it.

Okay, I got the info from my tank.

It is a Sta-Rite T-240BP-1. The ID doesn't say anything but Sta-Rite, but there is another label that says Cristal-Flo

The opening on top is 6.5"

The lateral assembly has Swimquip 24100-40 on the manifold.

It was outside for a couple of years, then moved into my pool house, then in the barn for a couple of years after I had multiport issues. It was originally installed in July of 2005.

The multiport mounting surface is about 33-3/4" off the ground.

I did find a second sticker that says Cristal-flo. I measured from floorup and #'s match, opening match, and model match. Sounds pretty good to me. I would like to get it from you somehow, like I said,would be glad to pay for shipping if it's resonable.

humesrob said:
I did find a second sticker that says Cristal-flo. I measured from floorup and #'s match, opening match, and model match. Sounds pretty good to me. I would like to get it from you somehow, like I said,would be glad to pay for shipping if it's resonable.

I'll see what I can figure out. Going to take a good size box, but thats how it got here.

For a temp fix you could try patching it from the inside and outside with epoxy and fiberglass. I build high powered rockets as a hobby and can offer advice on what might work if you think the time is worth it until the new unit arrives.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the offer to patch with epoxy and fiberglass. I tried just epoxy per the pool place and it cracked. Right now it's on there, it does a least slow the leak some. I think I'll either wait to see if this filter body works out or have to bite the bullet and get a new unit. The leak doesn't seem to be getting worse for now so I have a little time to figure things out.

humesrob said:
Thanks for the offer to patch with epoxy and fiberglass. I tried just epoxy per the pool place and it cracked. Right now it's on there, it does a least slow the leak some. I think I'll either wait to see if this filter body works out or have to bite the bullet and get a new unit. The leak doesn't seem to be getting worse for now so I have a little time to figure things out.

No problem. In the high power rocket community we've learned how to do a few things with epoxy but I understand that if you're limping along OK for now that's a start. If you decide to repair it after you take it out of service feel free to PM me and I'll give you my best advice. You could always keep it as a spare if nothing else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.