Is it hard/$$ to add extra light to existing vinyl IG pool?

shore1

Aug 12, 2010
Maryland
After reading another post I was wondering how feasible and pricey the labor would be to add an add an intellibrite LED light to the side of my shallow end while pool is winterized and water level is lower. I already have one in the deep end. We should have done it during build but bad advice from builder and trying to keep costs down resulted in a finished product we aren't satisfied with. The light just doesn't light up the shallow end compared to the deep end where the existing light is centered.

Also, could it somehow be joined with wire from other one going to same breaker/light switch as both will always be used at same time?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Re: Is it hard/$$ to add extra light to existing vinyl IG po

It's going to depend on how much decking is on that end of the pool. Outside access is required for the conduit, so you are going to be digging and maybe removing concrete.

Re: Is it hard/$$ to add extra light to existing vinyl IG po

We only have 4 ft of poured cement decking on that side of the pool so I don't know if tunneling to it would be an option to avoid ripping up existing concrete. Husband could do that but would have to hire pool builder to install niche and we would hire out our own electrician to tie it in to existing light breaker.

Anyone done this before?

I think it would cost to much to warrant the light. You would have to rip up concrete, drain your pool, remove the liner, cut a whole for the niche, run power and bonding to it, re install liner, and replace concrete. You may be able to do it with a partial drain and not remove the liner but I am not certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.