Where to put the LED lights?

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
We are getting closer to starting construction. Pool is a 50 x 22 freeform. Right now there are two Intellibrites planned, one is in one end and another on the side (not facing the house). My question is: what are the Intellibrites like to swim towards when they are lit? Is it like swimming towards an oncoming train like an old style light? If I move the one out of the end, I think I will need 3 lights.

Trying to control the hemorrhaging of the budget with all of the little extras, but if I need a third light....hopefully this will be the last little addition :)

We Have 1 intellibrite at the center of the deep end Of our 20 x 40 pool rectangular pool. We should have also put one in the side of the shallow end Because the shallow end does not light up as bright. The costs of the build were mounting and my husband did not think it was worth the expense at the time though now he sees that the rep at the intellibrite company was right (imagine that, LOL). If I were you I would call the intellibrite customer service line and ask their advice. My pool builder also only recommended one light and they were wrong but they admitted they only see the finished product in the daytime which I thought was a lame excuse.
Any way light is not like swimming into trainlight as water diffuses it. We usually use the colored lights anyway which are less harsh. I love mine and when liner is replaced will add another.

Two should be fine for your pool.
Try to get them facing each other along each width end of your pool while not facing the house (as you stated)

I could not do this exactly as stated above on my refurb and I still have plenty of light (18x 36 rectangle with stairs)

With a pool of that size (ie >45 x 20 or so), I think you can't go wrong with additional lights. My question is, if you are going to use 3, would it be best to place all 3 along a long side (facing away from the house) or put one at each of the ends facing each other and another in the middle of the long side perpendicular to the other two? The Pentair LEDs can be adjusted for wide or narrow angle... would this intersecting set up give the most even coverage? Otherwise if all 3 are on the same long side facing the same direction away from the house to the other long side, it seems ot me there would be a triangle between each light that would get little coverage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.