Adjusting residual chlorine

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
Okay, I may be over thinking things, but I got to wondering exactly how high to adjust the chlorine levels to balance the residual chlorine. If I use pool calculator, and I want a FC level of 5 ppm, it will tell me how much bleach to add to get it to that point. However, more or less as soon as I add that much chlorine, the level is going to start dropping below 5 ppm (how fast depending upon when I add, how much sun, etc., but I hope you get my point). So over all my pool is generally at less than the FC level I want.

So should I actually add a bit more chlorine (say to get it to a level of 6 ppm), and add chlorine as soon as it drops below 5 ppm? Seems to me that way the FC level of the water is going to stay closer to the level I really want over time. Thoughts on this?????

Thanks,

Kelley

The goal when adding chlorine is to guarantee a minimum FC level that you never drop below. You need to adjust your target FC level so that whatever you are actually losing over the course of the day will still leave you at or above the minimum level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.