I am now a water snob

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
I'm sure this type of message has been posted before, but I just had to say, I have now officially become a " water snob." It started years ago when I went to Bermuda with my family, and actually got to swim in nice, clear water. I couldn't go in the water on the Delaware or Jersey shores after that. If I can't see my feet, I ain't goin' in. I thought pools were great - also nice clear water.

Or so I thought. Just came back from vacation, and I couldn't bring myself to do more than "rinse off" in the pools there. My water is so clear and sparkly, and these were, well, a tad cloudy and smelled of chlorine to high heaven. Never bothered me before. Came back to my pool and just finished tweaking the water chemistry and vacuuming. Going to spend some time in it tonight. Ahhhhh!!!!

I'm right there with you now as well--I even have my wife doing it. We were watching a "Backyard by Disney" show (not sure if that's the real name or not) and they had a segment where they were showing a redone pool with kids in it. I was thinking to myself "wow, that water is cloudy" when my wife said "that water sure is cloudy--I bet they need to shock". :goodjob:

Funny how that happens.

My kids get bent out of shape if there are dead bugs or dirt in the water. I tell them it's cleaner than the lake! Why they get bent out of shape with the stuff they can see, I don't know. I worry if my water gets a little cloudy, but it's still seaweed and fish free!

Enjoy!

Hello, my name is Angie and I too am a water snob.

Saw pictures of my granddaughter in (gasp :shock: ) someone else's pool. The water was (another gasp :shock: :shock: ) cloudy!

She didn't appear to mind. I however, really wanted to test the water :roll: .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I too have severe sparklypoolitis.

This year, I feel very conflicted going to my water aerobics class at my health club because the usually sparkly pool has been cloudy for the past month. I get blank stares from the staff when I bring it up.

Lana

guilty! we finally have all of our boraxo in (37 boxes) and chems just right, what an amazing difference! I was leery that our already clean water could get better. The "Sparkle" is very evident and the water feels great. When we jump in it's like diving into velvet. Hello my name is Michael and I am a sparkleholic.......

Linen,
I love the "Pool Snobbery Anonymous" "PSA" for short.?

I think we should vote Kellyann our Honorary PSA President (since she started this thread).
We could even have a "SparkleyPoolItis" oath. :cool:

Just a rough draft:

I do blindingly (you know, cause the pool sparkles) promise to maintain a pool SOooo sparkly that mere mortals will not be able to contain their awe. I promise to swim in my sparkly pool while they run helter skelter to the pool stores in search of that miracle fix that will not correct their problems yet will cost them lots of moola. I further promise to impart the TFP way to any and all that will listen cause no one likes to be pool stored.

Just for the record, I got mildly pool stored last year myself and was ever so happy to find TFP!
Dadgum, I gotta say, I love this place!

I too am in the SPA...

The pool I maintain is so clear you can easily read a coin on the bottom - if you don't have my poor vision! My daughter and a friend recently had a sleepover and swam in the pool; the next day they went to the other girls house and swam in their (say Ewwwwwww) :shock: GREEN & CLOUDY AGP. The pool was so nasty that my daughter went under water (remember AGP) and they couldn't see her and she kept popping up to scare them! She didn't tell this to me until the next day (today) while she was swimming in our pool with the same unwashed bathing suit!!!!! My first reaction was not just that this was gross, nor did I worry over her health (she gets swimmers ear easily), but instead my FIRST concern was that she could have brought the ick to our pool!!!!! :oops:

Is there a 12 step program - I need help! Come to think about it... I'm sure that whatever was living in that nasty pool died of shame the minute it hit our water! :whip:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.