Equipment for a new pool

Jul 10, 2012
Hi there, I am a new member and am in the process of finalizing plans for a new inground vinyl liner pool. My pool is going to be a flatback kidney shape approximately 16' x 28'.

I have been speaking with 4 different companies about the construction of my pool, and am in the decision process. One question I have, is that they are all using different equipment packages (Pump, gas heater, SWG, and cartridge filter).

One uses Hayward, one Sta-rite, one Jandy, and one Pentair. I have tried to do as much research as possible on this equipment, but am finding that it seems to simply be one person's opinion against another's with no definitive answer as to one of the companies being significantly better.

Being new to having a pool, is there any advice you can give in this respect, or point me in a certain direction.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to tfp, Hockeyfan17 :wave:

I would not pick a builder based on which equipment they use, since all of those brands make good stuff that is pretty comparable. Also, if you find a builder you like and you find specific equipment that meets a specific need that they do not carry, see if they will work with you on that. You may need to purchase it, but they may still be willing to be paid to install it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.