Pentair IC40

My pool equipment is on the side of my house so it's a little distance from the main drain. I wouldn't say an excessive distance(30ft). My pool filter PSI reads between 24psi to 32psi depending on which zone the paramount 6 port valve is running. I have 16 pop up in my paramount system. 1 zone in the deep end which is on a step seat has only 1 pop up and that's when my filter pressure is at its highest (32psi).

The reason I asked about alignment is because if the piping is out of alignment it can apply torque to the unit causing it to deform and leak around the seals internally. It doesn't look like yours is too bad out of alignment but it's hard to tell.

Bama Rambler said:
The reason I asked about alignment is because if the piping is out of alignment it can apply torque to the unit causing it to deform and leak around the seals internally. It doesn't look like yours is too bad out of alignment but it's hard to tell.

Are you referring to the connection that I have circled in the photo? I believe its pretty straight. I believe you mean the connection being on a slight angle like the line I drew may cause the type of failure I had.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 190
Just to add a "data point" to this wonderful TFP knowledge base: I also have a cracked and leaking IC40 case AND my piping was misaligned at installation. Not a terrible hit since it is now 6 1/2 years old and has generated for about 9,500 hours. But still a shame since it is still generating like a champ. I used Epoxy putty and that kept it going for about 6 months. I now will correct the problem and get a new IC40.

I had a brand new IC-20 leak in the factory seam where the unit is put together. Right where the flow meter screws into the unit. I was replaced at no charge and they didn't even want the bad unit back. Now I wish I could figure out how to run dual chlorinators? I know I can make the leak stop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have seen this happen with the Paamount floor system. The floor jets build too much back pressure and split the display from the housing. I would recommend using a spacer cell when you want to clean and then put the cell in with the system on pause the rest of the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.