Frame is level but water in pool not level!!

If the water isn't level then the pool isn't level. I don't see how the pool could be level and the water off. Your empty pool "may look level" but I bet it isn't.

Have you tried using a bubble level to actually see? Take a long board and tape a bubble level on it and use it to determine where it is unlevel.

Yup, no way the pool is level if it's 3" off, that's pretty severe and is a risk for complete failure.

The easiest way to ensure level is tape a 4' level to a 2X6X12 board (NOT a 2X4) and rotate it around your site, levelling as you go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No! No mushy stuff here lol!! I will just tell him how it is!! We have 2 kids 1 yr old and 2 yr old and how unsafe it is for them to be in it! If he don't want to level it out right then he can just take it down!! Man I sound mean!! Lol

Use some of the dump water to soften the high side dirt to make it easier to dig... assuming your dirt is like mine...concrete when dry. If it's soft already, don't make it mud. Mud is heavy to shovel. A sod cutter is commonly used to level small pool sites.

For those of you playing along at home, that's the side with more liner above the water.

There's lots of videos online that show how to properly install an above ground pool and how to prep the site, there's no shortcuts to site prep, it's the most important part, especially if you have young children.

I'd recommend watching a couple of those videos so you know the proper process.

You mentioned a level was used, there must be a problem with the accuracy of the level or how it was used, the cheapest method is get a good level and tape it to a 2X6 board, assuming the board is straight. Rotate that around your site and remove soil as needed, that can get you within 1" of level and that should be the goal.
DO NOT take a short cut of taking dirt from the high side and transferring to the low side, you need to dig down the high side.

Check out the link in my signature to see my install pics.

This thread subject line certainly grabbed my attention. If you have actually managed to get water to be un-level, you've really got something!
BTW, the quick way to check a bubble level for accuracy is to set it on some surface and look at the bubble position, then turn the level around 180* in the same spot and check the bubble again. If the two readings are not the same, then the level is not accurate.

JodyJ85 said:
No! No mushy stuff here lol!! I will just tell him how it is!! We have 2 kids 1 yr old and 2 yr old and how unsafe it is for them to be in it! If he don't want to level it out right then he can just take it down!! Man I sound mean!! Lol

Nah, give him the mushy stuff.

On a related note....My pool is about 8" out of level. I'll be draining it tonight....dreading my next water bill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.