GRRRRRR!!! Can't win for losing...

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
I finally get all my chemicals perfectly balanced and what happens you ask?......Well let me tell ya. I noticed the water was a little low the other day, so I added some, because it has been extremely hot, with very little rain, I never gave it a second thought. I added water again last night thinking, hmmm, that's a little odd, I'd better keep a check on that.

I went out this morning to do my OCLT test and that water was down about an inch, so I knew it was a leak, but where? Welp, I found it. One of the blocks that the pool was sitting on had cracked and shifted it's way part way under the liner. I don't know how long it had been like this because it's under the deck and behind the ladder of the pool. It was just a teeny tiny little hole, so I thought OK I'll just throw a patch on and watch it. As SOON as I touched it, it split wide open into about a 2 inch long gash. That was the end of that.

So to get to my question....I ordered a new liner, should be in by Thursday. It won't be installed until Sat. at the earliest, possibly even Monday. I've already turned my pump off and am just letting it go until then. It's not holding water anyway, even though, I duct taped the heck out of it. My question would be, how much water can I safely lose without the pool collapsing. This is my biggest fear. Any help or reassurance would be deeply appreciated. :grrrr:

Thanks for the reassurance. No more windstorms I hope. We has that derecho thing go through her a couple of weeks ago. What a mess! Over half of the state without power. Thankfully I didn't lose mine, but my neighbors did for 8 days. I just got the yard cleaned up, still have a pear tree that snapped in half to take care of. I'll keep the 2x4's in mind. I finally got the water to go from a raging river to a swift trout stream with the duct tape. I just hope it won't be too wet to lay new block.

So sorry to hear about your troubles, it can be very frustrating I know, and I feel your pain.

Question? how thick were your pavers, and did you have them turned side ways or length wise?

When we "finally" get to put our pool up we are going to use 4" thick pavers, 8"x16" and they will be turned side ways, so there is less paver inside toward the liner, I am even considering trying to put some kind of foam or rubber on the edge of the pavers on the pool side just for this very reason.

Good luck, I hope everything gets better for you.

Dangit, that sucks. I think it's also my biggest fear with pavers, and part of why I didn't use them. We used 1/2" wooden boards (fence boards) under the feet, they're small and don't shift, nor are they tall enough to pierce the liner. Working 3 years so far.

Thanks all! yeah, the pavers are sideways and I'm not sure how thick. The installer brought them, they don't look to be 4 inches though. Upon further inspection, it looks like it was set too far back to begin with. I guess on the bright side is that I'm upgrading my liner to what I want and I'm getting it at cost. I found the same one online and it was still $10 more (on sale) than what I'm paying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.