Taylor 4088

If Mr Chlorine Powder (CaOCl2) would double check this, I believe this is what the instructions to the Taylor #4088 are:

Cyanuric Acid Test:

1. Rinse and fill CYA cylinder (# 4088) to “A” mark with water to be tested.
2. Add R-0013 to “B” mark. Move test stick up and down to mix for 30 seconds. WAIT TWO MINUTES. Read before five minutes.
3. Raise test stick, then slowly lower until the black dot on the test stick just disappears when viewed from the top.
4. Read test stick at liquid level. Record as parts per million cyanuric acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From looking at a picture of it (as I don't have it), I would believe you'd read it at the fluid line. So when you move the black dot up and down, wherever that fluid line is on the scale when the dot disappears would be your CYA level. I'd think this would allow you to save some reagent if you know your CYA levels are higher (vs filling the entire tube).

EDIT... and when I say save some reagent, I'm just referring to saving some with the 4088 as it requires significantly more reagent than the other taylor test (with just the black dot at the bottom where you need to add liquid until it disappears). I believe the 4088 requires 20ml of reagent vs 7ml with the other test.

Never mind.. I see this was answered in a duplicate thread.
Topics merged. JasonLion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.