Filter issue

Jun 18, 2012
I have used the green to blue product out by hth. I thought it would be okay since I have a regular sand filter. The problem is that when I am vacuuming up the material in the bottom, the filter is sending the nasty water back into my pool. Everything I vacuum up is floating again. I have backwashed over and over again. It doesn't help but for a minute or two and then it starts again. What do I do?

Can I vacuum pool on a backwash setting? I currently vacuum on filter setting. PLEASE HELP. I have friends coming over in 2 hours and prefer my water to not be disgusting.

I have a sand filter also, when I vacuum I turn my filter to the waste setting and vacuum, this makes all the dirty water go out of the filter rather then through it. What filter/pump setup do you have?

I'm no expert and still somewhat of a newbie here but I put some DE in my sand filter and it cleared things up very nicely in a few hours. There was a huge difference in my pool in the first two hours of filtering with some DE. My sand filter doesn't have a port for vacuuming to waste so I had to do it this way.
I add the DE directly into the skimmer basket. Just a few cups and I was good to go. Watch the filter pressure though. The DE cleans the water very well so it makes your filter pressure rise pretty rapidly. If that happens, backwash and add a little less DE.
Oh, mix the DE in a bucket of water before adding it to the skimmer. Just a couple cups or so. Not too much or you filter pressure goes out of sight very quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.